Wednesday, January 23, 2013

No Longer A Beauty

I feel like a beast. This weekend I got my twa lined. I've been natural for the second time for almost two years. I did a third big chop a few months ago and have kept it short since then. I posted pics in another post of my big chop.

The back was fine, but the lining in the front was terrible. I felt like a dude. In all my awkward years I've never felt this terrible in my life. I reluctantly went to work yesterday feeling like this. I was more self conscious than usual. I felt like everyone was staring and laughing. I tried to ignore the feelings, but it didn't work. When I got home I cried for the first time ever about my hair. It hasn't been my friend lately.

So I was up till 1am making a wig with some hair I hadn't used yet. I'm feeling better now. People are complimenting me on the wig. I didn't expect that. It's an ok wig. My plan was to wear wigs while my hair grows out. I wish I had done it sooner and saved myself this embarrassing moment. This weekend I may get some more hair to make another wig.

Have you experienced a bad hair moment? Please share.



No comments:

Post a Comment