Friday, April 12, 2013

For Reel - Miss Dial

I just watched the movie Miss Dial starring Robinne Lee (House of Payne, Deliver Us from Eve) and Sam Jaeger (Parenthood, Eli Stone). Check out the trailer here!

Synopsis: Working from home, a consumer affairs rep plays hooky and spends her day calling random people, looking for new connections. Bingo! She finds one!

When I decided to watch this movie I did not read the synopsis. I was looking for movies with African American actors and this one was recently added to Netflix streaming list so I decided to check it out. In my opinion it is a total chick flick, but in a good way. It deals with some of the typical issues of the everyday woman. Relationships, work, and the desire to find the right path for both. The main character, Erica, takes her future into her own hands after a few conversations with some strangers. It sounded exciting to see her call people at random and just start talking. I was tempted to do it, but I would over think about what numbers to pick. The movie is less than 2 hours long (1h 28m) and I enjoyed every minute of it. I did not expect it to end the way it did and it brought a smile to my face without leaving me day dreaming that this could be me too. I recommend this movie to watch on a quiet evening alone like I did or with a few of your friends. It may even start an interesting conversation. Enjoy and if you've seen it let me know what you think.





No comments:

Post a Comment