Friday, May 10, 2013

A Break Through

We had a speaker today at work event. The title was Living on Purpose. This intrigued me and though I had to walk 15 minutes to the other building to attend I felt that it would be worth it. I see a few blog post and even YouTube video's from people I follow encouraging everyone to follow their passion. I always think about the Bible passage about the talents. The owner had three workers that he'd given talents to. Two had invested in their talents and made profits. One was afraid of losing the talent and so he buried it. When the owner returned he asked each how they did and rewarded them. The one who buried his talents was punished and his talent was given to the one who had the largest return. I may not have this story exactly, but when I think about it I'm reminded that we all have skills and things to offer to the world. Things we are good at that needs to be shared with others. Even if there are other people who has done or is doing something similar to what we are doing we should still do it. What you do may be different enough to help the right people. We also all have our own path of getting to our goal. Everyone may not be able to go to college to get the skill, but when you have passion and it comes naturally college may not be necessary.

During this event I stepped out of my comfort zone and volunteered myself when requested. I am so happy I did. As far as finding my passion I felt like today was a breakthrough. I am ready to take at least three steps toward my goal. Some I had started previously, but for some reason I stopped. I am ready to pick them back up again. You never know the moment that will propel you into finding your passion or being ready to pursue it, but you have to be open to that moment when it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment