Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Hair Up There - Now What?

I mentioned in a previous post that I am natural and I was considering doing long term protective styling. I like freedom and wearing wigs is  really getting on my nerves. I feel I cannot be myself while wearing a wig. One of the worst feelings in the world is not feeling authentic to who you are.

That being said, I love my natural hair. I've wanted to be natural for years. I'm not sure if that was out of pure laziness (I thought natural hair was carefree, NOT) or because I thought it would be great. I love curly hair, but I hate rollers. Also my hair is so thick  it would take forever to roller set, dry, or use curling/flat irons. Either way hair period is too much for me right now. I do like it short. Short hair is more carefree whether relaxed or natural. Lately I've been missing my short relaxed hair so I'm considering going back to relaxed.

Right now I am not sure what I will do, but I need to do something because me and my hair is not the best of friends right now. We might be getting a divorce. How do you handle your hair frustrations?

No comments:

Post a Comment