Tuesday, October 22, 2013

On my way home from work today...

this guy stops me and here is how the conversation went. Then I have a question to ask.

Him - I know you. We met last year.
Me - No I don't know you. We've never met. I think you have me confused.
Him - We did meet. You gave me your number, but I never called.
Me - No I wouldn't have given you my number. (Was that rude? lol)
Him - Why not? Are you married or with someone? You can't have male friends?
Me - Yeah I was in a relationship so I wouldn't have done that.
Him - Why not? People exchange numbers all the time. Women have male friends when they are in relationships. Some women prefer male friends rather than female friends.
Me - True, but that seems disrespectful to me. (I say this knowing full well that my ex was getting numbers while we were together.)
Him - I understand if you've been with someone for 20 years that you wouldn't do that, but for years it's ok. If you don't then something might be wrong with you.
Me - Well I wouldn't have done that.
Him - Ok well I just wanted to say hi.

Ok. What are you thoughts about women or men getting numbers from the opposite sex while in a relationship?

I do think it's disrespectful to that relationship. Nothing wrong with making friends. Let say you are taking a class with someone or you run into this person all the time at the store. You might start conversations and it is friendly. They are probably in a relationship too. You could exchange numbers because ya'll are just cool and enjoy talking. True friends with no motives. This weekend I met this guy on the train and we talked for about half the ride. Him I would have given my number to. Why? Because #1 I think he's gay. (he was talking about doing a drag show) #2 I enjoyed our conversation. He seemed like a really cool person I would love to be friends with. I never meet people like that. However if someone come up to you like, "Hey can I get cho numba?" "No sorry I'm in a relationship." Am I wrong? Opinions please!

No comments:

Post a Comment