Saturday, October 12, 2013

Have You Considered...

getting a life coach? A few months ago my place of employment offered a type of lunch and learn and we listened as a life coach speak to us about finding out what we value, what makes you who you are and how to find happiness. Her name was Jasna Burza and she asked for volunteers and I raised my hand. I was so glad I did. She called me up and asked me a few questions. By the end I was crying. She explained that has never happened before and it wasn't her intention to get me to cry. The tears were worth it because it was the beginning to helping me to accept my true self. The begining of me accepting MY goals and not what others think.

After that event. I really really superdiduper wanted a life coach, but Jasna was about to give birth at any moment and I was afraid she'd be super expensive. I didn't bother to try and figured one day maybe I'll do it. A few weeks later I get an email notification from Twitter that Demetria Jackson was offering FREE life coaching sessions for 3 months. At first I thought, I don't know her. Is she good? And I ignored the email. I got another email. There are only 7 spots left! I thought, this is what you wanted. Why are you playing? I immeditately replied and I got in. I was excited.

Monday, September 9, 2013 was my last session. I learned a lot about myself and that I can have what I want. I discovered that I am an ARTIST. I enjoy using my hands to create (I like things old school, I rarely use of computers to create). I will make $20,000 more than I do now next year. After the first time I said that I thought, can I do that? Well Yes I Can! I can do anything! The thought is a little scary. To think that I could actually do what makes me happy. That I could be happy. Truely happy. We all deserve that.

My 3 months with Demetria was great. I would recommend her to anyone. I recommend a life coach to everyone. She taught me how to think of things differently. That making list are ok (I used to tease my sister for always making list. Now I get it.) She helped me create a list of 20 things I want to do. I'll create another post for that. Some things I've started on and as I work on it I will update the list. Somethings I think I will tweek a little, but you'll see it soon. She helped me to let go of what others thought. She taught me to just take one step. It sounds so simple, but we often only see where we want to be and can't imagine how to get there. Just start. That is all you have to do and eventually you'll look up and realize #1 how far you've gotten and #2 that you reached your goal. I learned that in our first session. It has helped me with some of the goals I've started to work on. I look at opportunities with less of a side eye because you never know what you will learn from them.

Have you considered or used a life coach? Share you expereince. I'd love to hear it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so honoured to have had the chance to work with you, Beth :)
    I loved every minute of it and I can't wait to see all of the amazing gifts the Universe is just waiting to give you!
    Best of luck xo.

    PS. Would you mind if I shared this on my FB page?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I enjoyed working with you too. Feel free to share where ever you'd like.

      Delete